Who am I
I am a software consultant based in Phoenix, Arizona. I specialize in bringing custom software solutions to businesses to improve processes, sell products, reduce costs, and compete effectively. I am passionate about learning both new software development skills and the domains in which I can apply them.
I have been developing software both professionally and as a hobby for over 10 years. My recent experiences include:
- building/maintaining a critical web-based application used to support power transmission equipment maintenance (about 15-20 users)
- contributed to and maintained a company-wide, enterprise web-based application to support enrollment counselors in the education industry (over 6000 users)
- building/maintaining middleware software (SOA) at my current day job as Senior Software Engineer at Wells Fargo bank
- starting a web-design company, and building a car-search website
Please see my resume for more information about past experience
I can do anything related to computers from website design to backend database work . I can maintain my own servers and software configuration tools.
The skills that make me better qualified than most other software developers include
- great communication and listening skills -- to build any kind of software (from simple static HTML pages to full-blown enterprise solutions) a developer has to be able to understand a client's business and feel comfortable asking questions when they don't understand
- I know technology -- I have a wide array of experience with different web-based and backend technologies. I am very honest in assessing what's necessary to solve a certain problem. In general, I tend to prefer widely available, non-paid, open-source software